Wednesday, December 16, 2009

If not later....now's the TIME!!


Hi guys...I have some exciting news!!
Right after graduation, i began my search for my next venture. I worked on my portfolio and got myself together for the next step in my career. It was time for a REAL internship under an exceptional designer. So I began writing emails, sending pics of my portfolio and making some calls everyday to get where I need to be. In October or so, I had an interview with Sylvia Heisel, a great designer in NewYork! The interview didnt go so well (in my eyes at least), but about 2 weeks ago, I got an email stating that I got the internship in NewYork! I was so excited cause you guys have no idea how bad that day went and to top it off, I thought I did really bad in the interview...well I was wrong! Since I thought I did so bad, I started my search again for more internships and I came across Betsey Johnson! I have always LOVED her accessories, clothing and everything...so I thought why not? A week and a half later, I got an email back from the assistant designer at BJ saying that I could do an E-interview (an interview via emails, answering questions...). I got one of my friends to look over it, made some changes and hoped for the best...
Well about a week ago, I got an email back from BJ asking if I would accept an internship to Betsey Johnson! So now I had two great internships to choose from! It went over and over in my head wi=hich one to choose..(I know my friends got sick of me asking them which one I should take) but I had to choose for myself. I had been through so much with so-called "designers" in Atlanta and I thought I deserved a chance to make a name for myself with a designer I LOVED... So I chose Betsey Johnson. Its gonna be hard because Im gonna basically be on my own in a BIG city, but I know God has my back...so I have nothing to worry about....Thanks to everyone thats helping me make my dreams come true :-) Ill keep you guys posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment